This policy applies to information held about clients and prospective clients, suppliers and prospective suppliers, contacts, and other persons about whom G.J.Hendra Ltd holds information. By ‘information,’ we mean personal information about you that we collect, use, share and store.
This policy, is regarding G.J.Hendra Limited, a company registered in England and Wales with No 1316433, registered office 6-9 Lemon Street, Truro, Cornwall TR1 2LQ. References in this policy to G.J.Hendra Ltd includes Hendra Health Store, Hendra Hair and Beauty, The Bourdeaux Shop, Brookland Classics and Lander Gallery. It will also apply to any other interests belonging to the company. Your data will not be shared between our subsidiary companies unless requested by yourself.
What we collect
- your name;
- your contact information such as your address, email address and telephone number;
- If relevant, your payment details / financial data i.e. your bank name, account number and sort code;
- when browsing our site, we may collect non personally identifiable information such as your age, gender, computer settings, your connection to the internet, your browsing patterns and your geographical location;
- information related to your attendance of, and/or interest in, companies belonging to G.J.Hendra Ltd
- information about you that you give us in person at our any of our premises, events by filling in cards we send you by post or forms online (e.g. the contact us section or to sign up to our mailing list) or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise; and
- information in relation to your purchase of our art work (Lander Gallery), treatments (Hendra Hair and Beauty) or use of our services.
How we collect information about you
- collecting information you give to us when you purchase items, receive a service or visit us by completion of card/forms we may provide in person or by post;
- In addition to asking you to submit personal information, we may collect information about you automatically when you connect to our website by using cookies;
What we do with the information we gather
We use your information to:
- provide information about our products and services to you;
- keep you informed about offers, products, new services and art work (Lander Gallery only), and events that we think you may find interesting;
- carry out our obligations arising from any agreements entered into between you and us;
- communicate with you
- administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, marketing optimisation, research and statistical and survey purposes;
- keep our site safe and secure;
- comply with legal and regulatory obligations.
Whether information has to be provided by you, and if so why
The provision of your personal details is required:
- to sell and deliver an art work to you and for us to collect payment. If you do not provide this information we will not be able to perform our contract or enter into our contract with you and you may also be in breach of contract. We also require your personal details in order to send you relevant communications that may be of interest, ie arrival of art work that you have shown previous interest in – you may decline to provide this information to us for this purpose.
Hendra Hair and Beauty
- to enable us to contact you should we need to change your appointment
- to check that any chemical treatment does not react to any medical condition
- to record previous treatments, which will ensure continuity of service
- to ensure you are of a suitable age - some treatments cannot be carried out on clients under a certain age.
Hendra Health Store
- if you have submitted information regarding skin type and conditions that we may access in your presence to enable an enhanced service.
Legal basis for processing
Our processing of your personal information is necessary:
- for the performance of contracts to which you will be a party to and in order to take steps at your request prior to you entering into those contracts;
- for the purposes of legitimate interests pursued by us; or
- in order to comply with a legal obligation to which we are subject.
In relation to any processing of special categories of personal data, we will generally rely on obtaining specific consent from you at the time unless there is otherwise a legal requirement for us to process such information.
Where required for certain marketing activities we will obtain consent for this.
Where our processing is based on the legitimate interest grounds described above, those legitimate interests are:
- collecting personal information to provide you with a smooth and efficient client experience
- to make sure you receive updated information on the company activities
- to provide the services you have requested
- for our own marketing and research.
Sharing your information
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties outside our company unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
The personal information you provide to us may be shared with third party companies, contractors, service providers or affiliated companies if this is necessary to provide you with our services, respond to your inquiries or for any of the purposes described in this policy.
We may also share your personal information with:
- law enforcement agencies, other governmental agencies or third parties if we are required by law to do so; and
- other business entities should we plan to merge with or be acquired by that business entity, or if we undergo a re-organisation with that entity.
When we, or our permitted third parties, transfer your information outside the European Economic Area, we or they will impose obligations on the recipients of that data to protect your information to the standard required in the European Economic Area or otherwise require the recipient to subscribe to international frameworks intended to enable secure data sharing. In the case of transfers by us, we may also transfer your information where: (i) the transfer is to a country deemed to provide adequate protection of your information by the European Commission; or (ii) where you have consented to the transfer. In general the safeguards we use to protect your personal information are the European Commission’s approved contract clauses, Privacy Shield where applicable and/or ensuring the country is deemed to have adequate protection. Please contact us (details below) if you wish to obtain further information about the safeguards we use for such international data transfers.
At any time, you have the right (which in general is free of charge):
- to request access to or a copy of any personal data which we hold about you
- to rectification of your personal data, if you consider that the information we are holding is inaccurate
- to ask us to delete your personal data, if you consider that we do not have the right to hold it
- to withdraw consent to our processing of your personal data (to the extent such processing is based on previously obtained consent)
- to ask us to stop or start sending you marketing messages as described below in the marketing section
- to restrict processing of your personal data
- to object to your personal data being processed in certain circumstances
- to not be subject to a decision based on automated processing and to have safeguards put in place if you are being profiled based on your personal data.
Any request from you for access to or a copy of your personal data must be in writing and we will endeavour to respond within a reasonable period and in any event within one month in compliance with data protection legislation. We will comply with our legal obligations as regards your rights as a data subject.
We aim to ensure that the information we hold about you is accurate at all times. To assist us in ensuring that your information is up to date, do let us know if any of your personal details change at the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
We may use your personal information to send you information by post or email about company events, offers and news. You can unsubscribe from receiving such communications at any time; details of how to unsubscribe from marketing emails will be included on each electronic mailing we send you.
You also have the option of “unsubscribing” from our mailing list at any time thereby disabling any further such e-mail and / or other communication from being sent to you by emailing email@example.com
We will action any opt out request from you without delay.
Where we require your consent in order to send you certain marketing communications we will obtain this.
How long will we keep your information?
We will only keep the information we collect about you for as long as required for the purposes set out above, This will involve us periodically reviewing our files to check that information is accurate, up-to-date and still required.
Lander Gallery will retain information for provenance and authenticity purposes or in relation to any potential disputes or as required to comply with any legal obligations.
Where we are entitled to send you direct marketing communications we may retain your contact information necessary for this purpose, for as long as you do not unsubscribe from receiving the same from us. If you opt out from marketing, we will retain your information to enable us to respect your wishes to not be contacted for marketing purposes.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Links to Other Sites
Certain features of our site may allow for social networking. You should ensure when using these features that you do not submit any personal data that you do not want to be sent, collected or used by other users, such as profile details or e-mail address.
If you have any concerns about our use of your information, you can contact us G.J.Hendra Ltd, 6-9 Lemon Street, Truro, Cornwall TR1 2LQ, firstname.lastname@example.org. You also have the right (as a UK resident) to make a complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office, which regulates and supervises the use of personal data in the UK, via their helpline on 0303 123 1113.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Changes to this policy
Any changes we make to our policy in the future will be posted on this page and, where appropriate, notified to you by e-mail. Please check back frequently to see any updates or changes to our policy.